There are many famous and talented French photographers. Here are some examples of internationally renowned French photographers:
- Henri Cartier-Bresson (1908-2004): Considered one of the pioneers of street photography, he is best known for his documentary photographs capturing everyday life in the 1930s-1950s.
- Brassaï (1899-1984): A Romanian-born French photographer and writer, he is known for his photographs of Parisian nightlife and celebrity portraits.
- Robert Doisneau (1912-1994): A renowned street photographer known for his humorous and poetic photographs depicting everyday life in Paris and its suburbs.
- Martine Franck (1938-2012): A humanist photographer known for her portraits of women and famous personalities. She was also the wife of Henri Cartier-Bresson.
- Yann Arthus-Bertrand (born 1946): A French photographer and filmmaker known for his photographs of nature and biodiversity, as well as his documentaries on the environment.
There are, of course, many other talented and recognized French photographers, such as Man Ray, Willy Ronis, and Sarah Moon.